5 Checklist To Evaluate Food Co-packer For Beverage
Co- Packer provides assurance to the quality standards for the products.
The Basic checklists to Evaluate Food co packers are:
- Type Of Beverage
- Process Alignment
- Quality Standards
- Logistics and transportation’s
- Certifications and quality concern.
Type of Beverage
- Type of Beverages decide the strategy to choose the co –packer as the viability of proper commodities along with constructional facilities play a major role.
- Alcoholic or non –alcoholic is the point of concern which helps to choose the co packer along with cost assessment.
- Process alignment is also a very important factor of concern for choosing of co-packers. With the development of technology its very important for a growing industry to be more robust and technical.
- Software and business process that can’t easily communicate with each other in a common challenge. In the short run, many businesses use manual data integration to keep their business running. This means that information passes from one system to the next using paper forms and printouts while employees manually rekey information into the next system; be it closing inventory for the day into an accounting system, or customer orders sent to fulfillment.
- Quality assurance (QA) is a set of activities for ensuring quality in the processes by which products are developed. It’s a proactive process and aims to prevent defects by concentrating on the process used to make the product. The goal of QA is to improve development and test processes so that defects don’t arise when the product’s being developed.
- QA can be achieved by establishing a good quality management system and assessing its adequacy.A co packing company needs to have Quality standards management system
- Quality control (QC) is a set of activities for ensuring quality in products by identifying defects in the actual products produced. It’s a reactive process and aims to identify (and correct) defects in finished products. Qc is the basic frame to assure quality.
“Quality comes first rather than quantity ”
“Beverage industries products ,viewed as an aggregated group,is highly fragmented,with the evidence of number of manufacturers,methods,production process and final products.Hence skilled co-packers are required.”
Process Flow chart in Beverage Industries :
- Most of the beverages need to be delivered on time to prevent loss and deterioration ,hence proper facility of logistics is important factor
- Of all the industries, food and beverage industry is one that can never compromise on quality because when a product is substandard, no one needs to be told by an expert that it is substandard. While the quality of the food depends upon the manufacturer/producer, logistics has an equally important role in preserving that quality.
- Because of their breakable nature, beverage bottles have a high risk of breakages and damages during transportation. Therefore, special care must be given during packaging, loading, unloading and transporting to ensure that no damages and breakages occur.
- Co packing industries need to get certified by a certification body to prove their standardization on quality and process management.
- Without certifications it can’t be validated to prove the working standards and any organizations need to check for certification of co-packing companies before dealing with them.
- Major certification bodies are ISO,AGMARK,HALAL,OHSAS which assures the standards of quality and process management system